the most audacious thing I could possibily state in this day and age is that life is worth living


- webuildfire
Its amazing how aesthetic beauty affects so many things.
Whenever my parents visit, its always such an emotionally enriching and yet draining experience. And I always notice something new.
Like how I have nothing but happy memories of my childhood but there are things my dad does nowadays that he never did for me when I was a child. Its funny,we were having dinner and he said he was excited to play with his first grandchild, and I realised he never played with me when I was younger. He was not so giving in his love, or had a harder time showing it then. And its hard for me to receive it.
Its awkward. Its different. We're trying.
He's such a changed man nowadays and I'm grasping, trying to catch up to his changes as fast as I can.
Because so help me, this version of my dad is the one I craved growing up, and I dont care if he only just arrived.
Or perhaps he was always there. I was just too caught up in my world to make sense or appreciate it.

No comments: