but I understand doing something you know you shouldn't be doing, and knowing at the same time it's not wrong

There is a part of me that wants to write, a part that wants to theorize, a part that wants to sculpt, a part that wants to teach...To force myself into a single role, to decide to be just one thing in life, would kill off large parts of me. Rather, I recognize that I love now and only now, and I will do what I want to do *this* moment and not what I decided was best for me yesterday.
--Hugh Prather, Notes To Myself

Random facts about me that you may or may not necessarily find interesting.

1. Whenever I check my bank balance, and see my salary in, I like to keep it in there for a day or two and pretend I actually can use all the money in there for me and me alone.

2. I think I suffer from trichotillomania. Its a weird habit that I find immensely satisfying which may or may not mean I need psychiatric drugs.

3. I am better with numbers with a big calculator and a spreadsheet. Not in my head. I can even mistake double digit figures.

4. I am more fluent with the english language when I write, not so much when I speak. When i speak I sound like a girl whose english is not her first language but rather her 3rd, or maybe even 4th.

5. I can't cook to save my life.

Okay, correction. I could cook to save my life. Just not cook very well. Whatever cooking gene that exists, it skipped me. I think when they were giving the cooking gene out, I was probably not paying attention and had my had buried in a book.

My country celebrated its 110th day of independance this year. I am far from the most Filipino person out there, mostly because I don't look like one, sadly, the beauty that is bestowed upon most of my general Filo friend population, as well as our supposedly innate ability to dance and sing? Uh, its NOT a prerequisite to being filipino if it was, then eff that, that gene skipped me too.

But I do like to write.

I like to write..

Yeah. I like to write a lot.

I think I'll always be a frustrated writer trying to kick away the notion that she should be doing something more family accepted, like accounting.

Anyway, its a new week. Lets see what delights it brings.

No comments: