Even if you take yourself away from the person who holds you fast, if that person still thinks you are his, you always will be

"Amnesia is not knowing who one is and wanting desperately to find out. Euphoria is not knowing who one is and not caring. Ecstasy is knowing exactly who one is - and still not caring."
- Another Roadside Attraction-

I unpacked one of my boxes and found my dad's old travel scrabble set, the set he and I used to play against each other with when I was a little girl. I don't think I ever beat him more than once in the dozens of times we played. He honed my vocabulary skills that way, and I remember clearly beating a teacher when I was in Form 1.

I like scrabble. I want to find more people to play it with.

I've destroyed my liver more over my past 4 years in university than I think I will my entire life. Some people think people who can drink a lot are so great and their drinking capacity has improved over the years. I beg to differ and think its because we've destroyed our livers and it can't function anymore.

Just a mental note.

I went for a retreat this weekend, and I learned that I am a Red. I react according to my feelings, and my inner mantra is "Why not?" and I like having fun. I am a trial and error person, I don't think things through thoroughly enough, don't like authority figures and am constantly looking for new things to try and I like taking risks. I am dynamic and friendly and I am better at making friends than keeping them.

Okay, that last thing was something I threw in there but really, I am. I am transient by nature and am aware my friendships wherever I am, will also be so.

Which is why whenever I realise I've somehow earned someone's friendship enough for them to care about picking me up at 730 am for work so I wont have to brave a walk in the pouring rain, or received a nifty present from people who came back from holidays in Phils and KL, gotten a phone call 'just because', sends by mail my fave shows on dvd, surprising me at midnight with pizza, and ending up chilling with the most random of people on the most random of nights...

It kinda makes me question that transient belief sometimes.

No comments: