I really do have love to give, I just don't know where to put it



"I heard a nice little story the other day," Morrie says.

He closes his eyes for a moment and I wait.

"Okay. The story is about a little wave, bobbing along in the ocean, having a grand old time. He's enjoying the wind and the fresh air-until he notices the other waves in front of him, crashing against the shore.

"'My God, this is terrible,' the wave says. 'Look what's going to happen to me!'"

Then along comes another wave. It sees the first wave, looking grim, and it says to him, 'Why do you look so sad?'"

The first wave says, 'You don't understand! We're all going to crash! All of us waves are going to be nothing! Isn't it terrible?'

"The second wave says, 'No, you don't understand. You're not a wave, you're part of the ocean.'"

Tuesdays With Morrie - Mitch Albom


Ten years ago, I led the countdown to a new year in my uncle's house, visiting them in the US. It was my first winter and my first sight (and feel) of snow and all the cliche's you see in the movies.

Eight years ago, while the adults were off, my friends and I jumped on hotel beds in Malaysia, as we welcomed in a new year.

Two years ago, my cousins and I clutched our drinks in the Philippines, cheering each other on and happily ringing in the new year with gusto.

A year ago, two friends and I went on a search for the most random party in Australia. One went home far too early but the one left with me, we rang in the new year queueing to get into a club, with fireworks brightening up the night sky.

Last night in Brunei, I was in Mass, and singing a song as I was being nudged by friends, pointing out that indeed, it really was 2008 (After which, I discovered that watermelons don't really fare well when you attempt to funnel foreign liquids into them just for kicks and found the perfect song to sing on those karaoke things that is always guaranteed to give me a good score but those are stories and a party tale for another time).

However you choose to ring in the new year, they say its often how the rest of the year will turn out. I've never been a believer of this, but it can't hurt.

There are so many things I'd like to get done or happen this year.
And Happy Feet and Johnny were thrown in just for kicks.
Heya 2008, I hope youre not as draining as 2007!




No comments: