People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!--


Abraham Lincoln


So, I was quite content to serve a little at my local Catholic church when I first landed. The quiet pace of life here allows the er, lets call it noise attracted me, serenity, and I was certain Id work a little, chill a little, but most of all, serve a little.









But you and I both know those plans you make never exactly turn out the way you want them too.



Helping out with the youth was one thing. But it was never an ambition of mine to join the local church choir. Sure, i sing with zest, if not with talent, and loudly, if not well, but while I sing in the shower and believe a song is a prayer said twice so therefore I sing with abandon during events and such, joining the church choir was far from an ambition.



Oh, I had my million and one excuses, and I was eyeing on joining other things, thinking my 'services' werent needed there. But God works in mysterious ways. And He has his own plans. So while they may not have needed me, the friendships forged and bonds re kindled were somehow exactly what I needed at this point in time.







Yes, life can be lonely sometimes, but for better or worse, thats exactly why you've got your angels on Earth, the brothers and sisters God forgot to give you, if not to fill the void, then to at least make the darkness smaller, and the everyday moments lighter.




Because you know life can just get so damn heavy sometimes.



I started this entry with a completely different vein of thought in my mind. I wanted to talk about short and bitin Christmas visit to my parents and younger brother. I wanted to recap my 2007, from graduating to first jobs to financial liberation (and confinements) of earning and paying my own keep, and talking about a love I had and love I let go, of journeys and struggles, of faith restrengthening, of missionary leaning, of working full time, of family obligations, of career building, of realising I really can do what studied, and yes, my coming of age tale.
But it sounded boring. So I saved that for another day.
I turn 22 in a month. Its pretty much all downhill from here ;)
Im joking. I know that my life is on an upswing. And I'm excited and hopeful and prayerful, and thats really all there is to it.



In 2007, painfully yet beautifully, amongs a multitude of other things, I learned who my angels were.
Theyre not all captured here, of course. I am blessed to have more, but I lack the pictures. I have my friends who are far away but who I carry in my heart, and friends near who for some reason, I dont have a good proper shot with. But they know who they are.
Don't you?
I don't know what 2008 will bring, but at this moment in time, I am grateful and I am appreciative of the people, the events, the tears, the joy, the blessings, the life lessons that He steered me towards in 2007. For my experiences in 2007, I am grateful.
Merry Christmas, every body and in case I don't blog before then, may your 2008 be beautiful!


No comments: