listen to the music and come dance with me/ its your right to be loved loved loved.

To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform.~ Theodore H. White

Today is my mother's mother's one year death anniversary. I miss you, Lola Andeng and I pray youre up there dancing with the angels as we go about our lives.

I don't know anything much about politics. I mean, frankly, I could care less, but I can carry on
a conversation in regards to how I feel about the Philippine government or the American one. But the political system that made me look up was the recent campaign of Benazir Bhutto. Being a woman, for one thing, and for her courage to step up and try again.

And she was just assassinated. Shot in the head and neck.

This world is getting to be such a dark place.

Can't you feel it? Taking the 'man-made' ones like child prostitution and wars and racism and AIDS and terrorism out of the picture, there's just a scary number of natural one's like global warming, the melting of the ice caps, predicted floods, El Nino, tsunamis, earthquakes..all taking place in recent years, and you gotta wonder if its not the Earth's rage building up against what we have been forcing it to succumb to over the years, from our pollution to our decadence to our moral devolution...yeah, I read too much into these things.

I fear the world that we will be leaving behind for our grandchildren, let alone our children.

Why do I feel like Ive said all this before?

In lighter news, its a novelty for me to feel my ribs. I have always had a layer (er, layers) of fat over them, you see, and while they don't jut out or anything, its weird to realise they exist. I blame stress and work for this, really.

Watched National Treasure 2 last night, and its actually the first movie of the year, aside from Transformers (coz come on, Optimus Prime!) that I really enjoyed from start to finish. I had forgotten how cold the Empire cinemas were, though. Mental note to self, wear pants next time around.


Parties are fun. But, oh, are the after parties are funner. Oh, for glorious youth. After a while, all the parties blend together and its like its just a repeat of the previous drunken night, only with a different location, and I'd like to think I left that phase behind but every once upon a time, oh, how much fun they absolutely are.

I really should be past it by now.

No comments: