life is grown sweeter and lonelier and death is no evil

"The cracks are what let the light in" ~ Rosie O'Donnell on The View 5/22/07

Living right on the Equator means that the only climates I'm truly familiar with are blazing hot and pouring rain. Today was the time of the latter, and I was so absorbed in my work that I didnt realise how hard it was raining. I love the rain though. It makesme enjoy staying indoors. It was apparently flooded in town and with me living rightsmack in the middle (okay maybe offcentre a bit)of it, was getting the brunt of the storm. I was thrilled to get home, I give you that.

Its really hard saying no to invitations out sometimes, and when I fell sick last week,I think it was my body's way of reminding me I'm not 17 anymore. So now,I'm trying tobe smarter about this and going out when I really want to, as opposed to going out simplybecause Im expected to. Like tonight, I stayed in, and I did some self pampering on my nails and hair whilewatching a mix of Dawson's Creek and Grey's Anatomy, with a snack (or two).

I went hiking this weekend, and I decided to go up a notch and try oh, simple push ups,pull ups, goingon the bars and sit ups etc. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and being with friends, I wasencouraged and motivated. It was a really really good properly sweaty work out. ....until I woke up this morning unable to lift my arms properly to put my shirt on. And I waswalking seemingly like a zombie because of my stiff legs. The last time I felt like this was after my firstpole dancing lesson (yeah, Im a weirdo and in my defense, they were actual classes and actual fun!)

Crazy how out of shape I am. And yet I'm as freakily flexible as ever, but I credit that to my double jointedness. I certainly didnt go jogging again today.

But well, maybe tomorrow. ;)

If you havent noticed yet, I love the future and the opportunities and possibilities it beckons. Its like a 'Why You Should Wear Sunscreen' advertisement when you see my armsand legs in the picture below. It shows how much I favor skirts over pants, in any caseand long sleeves over short ones. I also think its the flash plus its a scan but ya know,whatever, the focus of this picture is my adorable little cousin.




Her name is Aaliyah (I named her and nicknamed her AA) and she's 6 years old. She's the daughter of my ate Mafe, another very importantwoman in my life, and in here we're getting ready for her graduation from kindergarten,imagine that. Just yesterday I remember her learning to walk. They grow so fast.

At her graduation, I was pleased to see her come out of her shell. She, or rather, her graduating class, danced to Mambo No. 5, and her school principal picked her to told her hand as she sang a song for the crowd. I was really proud of her.


She's so precious. Of course there were other cute kids, but AA's just beautiful.I thought for a secondthat my long latent maternal instincts were finally kicking in.

But I have much too much to do just yet.

So AA and my baby brother will have to do for now.

...and yes, I know he's 18. Go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.