We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it

Nothing is more responsible for the good old days than a bad memory.
~Franklin Pierce Adams

There are few teachers that actually teach you something beyond math and Physics.


You have so many unspoken of teachers who deserve accolades. The ones who teach you about life in general, beyond the shelter of the school.

I had a teacher in high school, her name was Latha Jagadish.

She was a pretty strong woman, articulate, witty, fun. Years later, one of the things she said back in the day, one of many, I assure you, whilst lamenting over my generations reliance on empty calories, is "How can you all drink those things! Theyre just...FLAVOURED WATER!", comes back to me. She said a lot of wise things, that lady, I wish I had paid more attention, particularly in physics. But thats a lament for another day.

Now its all about 'flavoured water'!

...she was talking about milo, coffee, tea, coke..etc, you get the gist.

Somewhere in my mid to late uni years, I suddenly started making the switch from being a rabid addict to coffee to, wonder of all wonders, tea. Its a little joy of mine to drink tea, which at the end of teh day is more beneficial than the average coffee cup.

Sure, occasionally I indulge in an overpriced iced coffee with a ridiculous name that is supposed to sound sophisticated but is really the sound of their cash registers going "suuuuuuuuuuuucker".

But I digress.

Its still flavoured water, at the end of the day.




Of course, she had a lot of other quote worthy statements. I miss you, Miss Jag, wherever you are, for all your memorable Jagaisms.

2 comments:

Amilyn said...

and guess what! she has a baby son now! heheheee

Body Paint said...

i miss youuuu more haha