sometimes a moment stuns us

"Values are like fingerprints. Nobody's are the same, but you leave 'em all over everything you do. "
~Elvis Presley


It amuses me how just because I never proclaim to the rooftops about being in love that people automatically assume I am not involved with anyone and neither am I in love.

Just because I dont talk about it, and use attempts at writing like in my previous post to talk about it, doesnt mean I am in a relationship, and neither does it mean I am not in one. What do you call a partnership that transcends that? I've had my share of wonderful men, horrible men, so on and so forth, but what girl my age hasnt. My relationships with men do not define my life, and in fact are the icing, the bonus, the extra pleasures (if you will) of my life, and never have been all that my life has been about....and reading all that over again, I suppose thats the problem with me. I suppose I'll only really be 'in love' the days my posts are filled with gushes and swoons, so till then, I remain ambiguous, at least to the blogging sphere.

My parents are back, and how I missed them. Stayed at a friend's all week. It was nice and I enjoyed getting to know her and her family better, plus she cooks really well, which is always a plus in my books.

When Shakira came out with "Hips Dont Lie", I could swear half the world salivated and wanted to learn belly dancing and spanish. I was underwhelmed, but must admit with the right crowd, place and music, I was on the dance floor and you couldnt pull me off. In mid 2006 of course. The song gave way to other hot tracks, but back then, it was sick.

The Fray (famous for their Greys Anatomy "How To Save A Life" song), made a version of their own this year, which re-ignited my love for this song. I dont know where you can get the song, but a fan made a version of it with clips from youtube:


Its sexy hearing men say theyre reading the signs of my body. Lol. Its half parody, but its great.

Job decisions are looming. My current job probation doing auditting at Borneo Oil ( they own sugarbun and so on, its pretty cool :D ) is ending, and I have to decide and decide fast because papers have to be processed. I have an accounting degree. I should use it, I know. I wish I wasnt so picky. Take a damn offer, Izzah. *sigh* Would it be career suicide to take a job that pays more but isnt really in my accounting field? Would it be risky,future wise? I think it would. *sighs* I wish I had the luxury of taking a job in a line I want to be in, rather than the line I have to be in.

I went out with some friends a few nights ago, and as I was scrambling to take my camera, they said "leave the camera, we can take our own memories", which made me realise that I spend too much time lately taking photos in order to remember events that I hardly ever spend time at the event itself just...being there.

And it was good, being there, in the present, breathing it all in.

1 comment:

Iced Nyior said...

babe i emailed u this song :D hope you like it