the sun doesnt go down/ its just an illusion caused by the world spinning around

He could.

He could keep telling me he loved me everyday of his life.
(By texts, by emails, by calls, by letters, by postcards)
He could keep showing me he loved me every chance he could.
(Really, sometimes, he does it too much)
He could keep making these unexpected surprises that make my day
(Who am I kidding, they make my life)
He could keep showering me with affection, almost drowning me with love.
(And I'd drown for his love)

He could keep playing with my hair and make me want to stop its rebonding.
(He likes it natural, he calls it bedhead sexy
When its really wavy and unkempt)
He could laugh at my insecurities
And dance with me whenever I want to
Wherever I want to
He tells me he really could.

He keeps saying he could watch me wake up
Because I sleep far longer than he ever does
And I could watch him sleep
Because he sleeps far earlier than I ever could

He could make me go to Mass every Sunday
He could make me eat vegetables
I could make him play his guitar for me
I could make him wear that shirt he hates

He could carry me again
In more ways than one.
He could keep being my pillar
Keep being my strength
Keep our bubble of love intact

But in the end of the day
When life and us collide
All the things he keeps on doing to keep me
All the things I'm doing to keep him
When life decides to interfere
Even love like this isnt ever enough
Because if it were enough
We could still be 'us'.

Instead of being him. And me.
Oh, if we only could.

No comments: