remember the telephone goes both ways

"Respect is based on friendship, and friendship is based on love, and love is so... accidental." -Henry David Thoreau


It amused me when he and I picked matching ones. I had gone before him in line and when he came out with the same one, upside down, it was like yin and yang. And that probably describes our friendship best, though whoever is yin and whoever is yang is anyone's guess. We never did take good photos. I was just too tanned and he was way too pink.

In any case, I was TRICKED into going for facials the other day.

I figured it would be a fun outing. Here's the thing, I've done facials before, but never ones with scary names like Bio-Lift and Diamond peel, and after seeing my skin, the skin analyst literally said in no nonsense english "Girl, you need help,STAT!"

Okay, she didnt REALLY say that.

I didnt realise my skin was so bad. Okay, they were probably just trying to milk me for all my money, and make me feel bad so I'd pay more, but ya know.

I found myself agreeing to her recommendations. It was joked I was off to the ICU, Emergency Unit, lol, for my skin. Oh har de har har.

I lay on my back awkwardly and my skin care person couldnt speak English. Oh doy. She spoke in careful malay to me and I looked up and saw a person with snow white complexion, even if her face was covered in a mask thing that looked like what I was wearing during the haze craz in Brunei. But I digress.

She washed my face with a cloth, massaged my face then proceeded to put a mask on. I pretty much fell asleep. Then I woke up and she informed me she was doing a 'diamond peel', and I saw her use this vacuum and scrub thing on my face! Which scared me but after wards I saw so much...exfoliation (read: dead skin cells) done, I couldnt quite believe it. Then she steamed my face. Then she proceeded to tell me, "this is going to hurt" and for about 30 mins or more, with a steamer, she started to poke and prode and prick and push and basically attack my face and I was in tears at the end of it.

One word: Excruciating.

THEN, she showed me everything, every pus, blackhead, whitehead, pimple, WHATEVER, that she tortured out of my face and I was literally horrified. Thankful, sure. But horrified nonetheless.

THEN she aimed this blue light thing on me which was supposed to kill all bacteria on my face, for about another good 30 mins or so. I really slept then.

THEN she put a mask AGAIN (so i slept again)

THEN she took the mask off and massaged my face again. Which felt sooo good. She even gave me an arm and back massage and did my eyebrows, for good measure.

So I was done.

I cant say I felt my skin was GLOWING (because believe me, my skin currently needs HELP. You cant get away on no sleep like me over the years and not experience hormonal imbalances and skin flare ups, unfortunately), but itwas definitely cleaner.

AND they gave TEA!

Which of course made me happy, so I was TRICKED into buying their products.

I went to HerbaLine Beauty Centre, apparently all herbal and whatnot. So after trying a range of products from high measures to cheap fixes, I'm giving this one a go.

If it still doesnt help, meh, I may really have to consider oral antobiotics again or something.

...I started this entry out to talk about my day, but I ended up revelling you all with tales of my skin journey. Lol, oops.

On one note though, two of my best friends told me they didnt see what I needed them facials for, they felt I shined brightly enough without them. Aw, sweetness beyond belief. I think I tried out this line mostly because I was curious and hey, its for my own confidence.

So if I dont see changes after forking out for their products, someones head is rolling.

And plus, facials? Strangely addicting and I can't wait for my next appointment.

3 comments:

Queen Sana said...

GAH THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

I want a nice basic tattoo on the small of my back. But needles scare me shatless and my parents are doctors.

Indian doctors.

But yeah. I have a pimple. I don't GET pimples. It's just.....staring at me, mocking me.

It must die.

Kim said...

is that a real tattoo?

ah. facials. i have terrible skin too. wish i didn't. cos i dread having facials. they hurt so much. >_<

Shot For Your Thoughts said...

Thats just one of the random henna/spray tattoos that have adorned my body over the years, kim, and no, that at least, is not a real one, and I posted that mostly because of the cool almost yin/yang effect with a really great guy friend. We totally ddnt plan it and came out with the same ones and we showed it off for days, and he was mad I accidentally rubbed it off after a shower :P

Ah, terrible skn fixes? If theres a herbalife near you, kim, check it out, the products Im using now see to actually be doing me good, but ill let u know in two weeks. But from what I see, your skin is great!

Sana, A pimple? SHUT UP! *kills* ;)Though! quick pimple fix, get an aspirin in two drops of water and put it over the pimple overnight, it should be less red the next day.

tattoos are cool.