its spelled glamourous, fergie

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
-- Mark Twain.


I was so excited when my baby brother said "Hey, Ive seen that guy somewhere before", about a guy in a commercial the other day. He was referring, of course, to the hotsohotsopleasedontbegayandcrushmydreams Wentworth Miller. I was happy he recognised Wentworth, thinking my brother, who doesnt watch television shows as avidly as I do, was *finally* appreciating him for his work in Prison Break. I beamed. I glowed.

...until he sang, "..and when you left, I lost a part of me..."

He recognised him from Mariah Carey's video, We Belong Together. -_- Wagh!

A friend visiting KK from Singapore told me today she wanted to get me a job with her marketing and pr firm. There is a vacancy. And I had to gently remind her I finished in accountancy, so I must go in that field.

And she looks at me questioningly and says, "Must you?"

And I realised, in that clear moment,yeah,"Must I?"

I have a confession to make!

I struggled in my course and while I enjoyed it, I didnt enjoy it as fully as I know I would have a Mass Com degree or something geared more towards Marketing or BBA or even heck, English or arts. I think I finished my course mostly because I wanted to make my parents proud and not disappoint them.

I've always been more into words than numbers, which really makes me wonder how I pulled that degree off sometimes o_0

Its not that easy, juggling a double major in accounting & information systems, two completely different fields. But I pushed through and I made it, and now that when push comes to shove for me to USE the damn degree that I struggled for years for, I'm rethinking whether I should go into an entirely new field altogether.

Which is why I'm triply thinking my next career move. Accounting? Information Systems? Or something else entirely? Ah. Life. I asked my parents and as usual, they were no help,"Do whatever you want to do, dear". Le sigh.

They should have had a course at uni that told you what happened if you made dumb career moves. I can get accounting jobs. But in my heart of hearts, I think the biggest reason I balk at accounting job offers is because I secretly dont want one and want something les technical. I mean, I can do it. I can do your taxes and balance your accounts for you perfectly.

But that doesnt mean its what I want to really be doing.

By the way, if you didnt know it before, u'll know it now.I have a lot of nerve. No, really I do. I handed in my resignation letter,right, which was really only a formality, because I had already verbally informed my boss that I would be pursuing other opportunities and not continuing on to full time work after my probation period but thank you for the offer lalala that speech, ya know?

I tested the waters and they werent for me, and while the company rocks, theres little room for promotion and/or maybe Malaysia isnt for me, I dunno. I have a lot of nerve, because I then asked for a few days off to go to Brunei. Yeah. Lol. See?I do have a lot of nerve, but I am doing overtime and finishing up accounts responsibly so its all good. Ah, on to the next. Keep my career move in your prayers, dear readers.

Chris Brown's version of Umbrella kills me, I swear.

No comments: