And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have

"That's the funny thing about memory, isn't it? We are not what we remember of ourselves,
we are what people say we are. They project upon us their convictions. We are nothing but blank screens."

Ashley Greene

I have this tendency to make plans just for the sake of having them. Its only recently that I've come to terms with the outrageous idea that having some alone time to yourself is not only extremely refreshing but also very needed. Come to terms with and acted upon.

Maybe its because I'm getting older. Maybe its because I feel like I have nothing else to do that I have not already done. I feel like there are only so many times you can rehash the same old scene. Maybe if I was not here, I would eat my words, but in the here and in the now, my own company with a dash of good friends and family, is all I really need at the end of the day.

I came to work (after taking a day off yesterday) and my colleagues were cautious. Overly cautious. Paranoid cautious (maybe even enjoying making me nervous cautious!) I decided to go to the doctor during lunch just to get my colleagues to lay off, and hopefully get a clean bill of health, particularly over the recent cases of H1N1. The doctor more or less laughed at my worry and sent me away with cough syrup and paracetamol. Epic, I tell you.

The company trip to Singapore has been postponed, which has made me quite sad. I was so excited.

Its the last year of the decade. How bizarre.

I'm on an old tv show kick lately, and Ive been scouring the internet and dvd places for shows like The Wonder Years, Saved By The Bell, the original 90210, Dawsons Creek. Im also re watching movies of that era like The Breakfast Club, Clueless, My Girl 1 and 2. It takes me back to another time and place, and nostalgia spills over when I sit back and let the show make me feel young again.

Or young-ish anyway.

I am loving my re-interest in blogging. I hope it lasts. I am appalled at how little I have been writing in because Ive been so darn busy lately...

No comments: