we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne..


I fill my days with song and dance
For its in the silences that I ache
I'd like to believe my hard times are past
But these days are all about my bleeding

And I don't mean bleed in the traditional sense
For blood is not the only thing you can spill
You can spill love, actions, bones and words
At the end of the days, its all the same pain

I've been through my fair share of hurt
I bleed my experiences and hope you learn
I fix, I mend, I reach out and I bend
Honey, its pain thats not through with you

I am alone even in a crowd
I bleed my heart and beg them to take it
Better to be alone together
Rather than being alone, alone.

My defense mechanism is my loudness
I bleed my life and share for you to laugh at me
You'd think I was happy if I was laughing
And you laugh and forget you thought I was pained

My family has such expectations
I bleed from the obligations
I'm old enough to bear the burdens
And I'm young enough to run but dont

I fill my days with work and busy
I bleed fatigue from the schedule
I reach for you, would you let me in?
I struggle to fill the hours in between

I don't know why I always end up like this
I bleed tears but they don't bring relief
They drop and I'm still standing
Is this all there is?

This life is harsh and I should know by now
I'll bleed blood far sooner than later
I'm tall and strong, young and healthy
I should be built to take this

I know God has a plan and I believe...
What I'd like to believe too is
That my hard times are past
/ But really.
These days are all about my bleeding


- me on one of my bad days.

Its just been one of those days.

No comments: