Other people do not have to change for us to experience peace of mind.

Here's my theory on men and women.

When a man meets a woman he decides within around thirty seconds whether or not he finds her attractive. If he doesn't, they become friends. If he does, they might become friends, but the potential for them to become lovers never quite goes away.

When a woman meets a man she decides within around thirty seconds whether or not she finds him attractive. Even if she doesn't, they become friends, but at any given point in their relationship she could fall in love with him. She could fall in love with him because he's kind, sensitive, and he makes her laugh.

Because she grows up and realizes the sexual attraction is not the be-all and end-all to life.

Because she finally realizes that she deserves a nice guy.

That nice guys aren't all boring. That sometimes they do wonders for your ego, that sometimes they're just what you need.

((Straight Talking - Jane Green))

Thanks to my spiritual pilgrimage, I'm reorganizing a lot of my priorities. Things that were once the all and end all for me no longer are, and the things that weren't have somehow become so. That happens when you have lots and lots of time given to you to think, to pray, to comtemplate ( hello, ten kilometre pilgrimage walk, anyone?) and discern.

No, i did not have a huge revelation or earth shattering epiphany on any aspect of my life. But I have learned that I must accept life with peace and grace.

Kind of hard for someone of my energy and volume.

I've narrowed down, basically, who my friends are. And who aren't.

What I *really* like to do. What I really don't.

I'm also working on a one year and five year plan. After all, I'm not necessarily getting any younger and while drinks and fun are always on the menu, I have to get real.

So I'm definitely working on that.

No comments: