the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

"My point is, there are a lot of people in the world. No one sees everything the same way you do; it just doesn't happen. So when you find one person who gets a couple of things, especially if they're important ones... you might as well hold on to them. You know?"

- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

So, how smart is it, to see a vodka bottle right and assume it contained water, pour yourself a full glass and drink it straight up, and realise everyone thinks woah that girl's great but having to smother your surprise and just go through with it because the alternative is just too silly?

Yeah, happened to me last night. Tsk. Yet another drinking mishap.

But its all good. I admitted it later on and everyone laughed. I dont blame them, I would have laughed at me, too.

A really really old friend and I had a long overdue phone chat at around 2 am. When I hung up, I just felt so warm and fuzzy inside, I can't explain it. It was good and kind of rekindled something in me. Thank God for small tokens of attention like this. It was a jolt I needed and appreciated and made me smile.

I also found one tree hill first half of season 5 in one of the many dvd places around the country. Damn, am I thrilled. Totally watching all of it in one go.

Still a Leyton fan. Its insane how much Im rooting for that pairing.

In other news, its mothers day today and my mother is not here, she's in malaysia. So I bought a rose for a sort of proxy mother. And she was pleased, I think, or so Id like to think so.

On a funnier note, Ive noticed when i dress down, when Im in t shirts and jeans, I can pass for a student. And at the blood drive, they asked me if Im a St. Georges student. O. M. G. I always stress I look younger now than i did when I was actually younger. And at work, the colleagues didnt believe I'm 22, they believe I'm older. I suppose its because Im less playful (or try to be) at work. My aura's defnitely younger I think.

I gave blood today.

This is only the second other time Ive ever given blood. I was so happy too. I was excited and ready and politely, really, I asked the doctor if a recent piercing would make my blood unfit to be given and instead of giving me a simple yes or no, she started being all preachy and telling me the piercing was unnecessary blah blah blah. She even wanted to look and just made all this noise.I took none of her self righteousness and asked her point blank if my blood, which is a rare type or so Im told, AB negative I think, was fit to be donated or should i just go home? She kept silent and said yes.

Biatch.

I was so annoyed.

Oh well, she's lucky Im nicer now. I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo!!! ahahaah that's good to read. u were telling me that u had a blog so i went from one blog to another looking for it. i found it. hahaahh ohh yeah.. u wanted to Donate blood?! why? i cant believe she was talking abt how unnecessary the piercing was. whatta bitch! i hate self righteous ppl like that.

I love Leyton but I'm bored of them now. :P
and i dont have time ti read all ur blogs yet coz im sick. i lvoe the quote on this one.
im SAVING IT.
xx (i refuse to say xoxo anymore coz freaking gossip girl ruined it)

Amilyn said...

im AB positive! mwahahaha!

Anonymous said...

LP fan!

Me too.

Shot For Your Thoughts said...

who's justin?

HELLO FELLOW LP FAN!!!