dreams permit each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives

She did not know where she was; she was not entirely sure who she was. It is astonishing just how much of what we are can be tied to the beds we wake up in in the morning and it is astonishing how fragile that can be.
Coraline by Neil Gaiman.


You once jokingly said, "Remember me!!"

That was on a cold Saturday night, and Sunday was creeping in. We had yet another one of our evening sessions, where we seemed to think we would remain young forever. The future lay untold before us.

Its amazing how all our lives are so intertwined, yet so seperate.

How a life that once lived in parallel are no longer even really in acknowledgement of the other's existences.

And how some survive in spite of, or maybe even, because of, the distance and time spent apart.

And how one that once used to be in a completely opposite world is suddenly thrust into anothers, shaking comfort zones.

For better.

Or for worse?

Only time will tell.

I miss the simple friendships of years gone past, and I treasure them. And like I said before, I carry them in my heart, every where I go. Hand in hand, we're all tangled up in each other.


Would you forgive me if I let go?

Of course you would.

Would you forgive me if I can't seem to?

I think you'd be surprised if I could.

My past is a colorful yet beautiful yet saddening blur. My future is unrealised. My present is happening at a pace I can't control.

The past seems like something I can.

(Even if I know, I know I can't.)

So forgive me as today, I can't seem to stop remembering.

As April closes down and May sweeps in...

I remember you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U got a beautiful way in writing ur words, its sheer poetry n pleasing 2 hear, special thoughts 2 U :)

Anonymous said...

karan!!!! <3

Youve never read my writing before. its so weird! :D MUAAAH

izzah