All kinds of unforeseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you're alive

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly speaking, loved in spite of yourself.
-Victor Hugo

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

Tick.

I am someone underestimates her friends much too much.

I anticipated that I'd turn twenty two on my stomach, in my bed, continuing my marathon Gossip Girl (shut up) watching session. My hair would be in a towel, as I'd be wet from a shower, and my face would have a mask on. My toes would be painted a new shiny color, my laundry and ironing freshly done. I'd have just finished some hot cocoa and I'd be getting ready for bed.

You know.

All the details thrown in, topped up with being alone.

Instead. Ah. Instead.

I definitely wasnt alone. Nor was I in bed.

And of course, no mask!

It was nothing grand. But goodness, was I not left a little extra happy for it all..?

Tick. Tock.

World, I'm twenty two today and I have a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Kim said...

aww. sounds like u had a good little surprise that day. happy belated birthday, izzah. :)