The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good

Writing is not psychology. We do not talk "about" feelings. Instead, the writer feels and through her words awakens these feelings in the reader.

-Natalie Goldberg

People say I make a good emcee.

But to be honest, I think its just because I have really thick skin and am good about letting humiliation and embarassment slide off my shoulders.

Years and years of practice by way of an extremely awkward adolescence can do that to a person.

Oh, and also because its completely by default that theres no one else available/willing.

Im not really a good emcee. Or maybe I just say that because my interest has not always been there. I've always been better behind the scenes and writing, directing, producing, choreographing. I'm not much for being up in front of an audience but my ability to get over my miniscule shyness helps overcome that. There are others with shyness even worse than mine, and while its hard to believe I have a tendency towards shyness, believe it. I just have a lot of courage (or some would call it stupidity) and I'm always up for risks. I figure, nothing ventured nothing gained, and nothing would be accomplished if we were all hiding behind the shadows and unwilling to take a stand on things.

And I take a stand on things. Not necessarily things that need to be taken a stand in, but things I feel should be. Even if theyre not seen as things to be taken a stand in by the majority, I voice it out. And if I was wrong, then, okay, I was wrong.

But if I was right, the 'trouble' would be worth it.

Otherwise well, I dont. And pandora boxes arent opened and nothings resolved.

Which shows you perhaps that my tongue gets me into trouble more often than I realise.

But there are perhaps worse things to be 'in trouble' for.

No comments: