thought there was love in everything and everyone/ You're so naive

All I wanted was to be invisible. It was a simple request. It didn't involve anyone else. When I was in a room with another person, I felt like I was only half there. When I was in a room with two other people, I felt like a third of myself. When I was in a room with three other people, I felt like a quarter of myself. And when I was in a whole crowd of people, I felt like nobody.

- Dot from the movie The Quiet

I am a very obnoxious person. It comes naturally to me, really. I mean that because I don't bother to conform to most of what the world is considered ideal (you know, perfect superficial aesthetic beauty if youre a woman for example), because I don't really like making those childish scathing remarks, because I am thought of as 'boring', I am quite easy to make fun of.

And I often am made fun of, and I know it, despite what most people think.

And they belong to a Catholic Community.

And they wonder why numbers are dwindling.

With 'friends' like those, who needs enemies?

But I enjoy their company, and sometimes they treat me well. So I stay while theyre entertained. Even if I'm almost always on the outside looking in. Even if I know they will cast me aside anytime.

I am not as dumb as they think I am.

And thats their cross to bear, not mine.

No comments: