make a wish/ blow a kiss

Dewey Finn: Ok, here's the deal. I have a hangover. Who knows what that means?
Frankie: Doesn't that mean you're drunk?
Dewey Finn: No. It means I was drunk yesterday.

-School of Rock


I find it hilarious that Calum Best has praised Lindsay Lohan for being dynamite in bed. More information than I ever really needed to know about my favourite former child star, courtesy of Parent Trap, but really, while others may have been fascinated, all I could think was 'ew, the guy kissed and told, what a wuss.'

Though perhaps thats just the inner prude in me surfacing, and yes, I enjoy my 'celebrity gossip' as much as the next person, but really, keep the bedroom antics to yourselves, huh, boys?

But from what i read about Lindsay, she'd probably enjoy the attention, or even have been the source of it, lol.

I love seafood! Yum yum yum. I have had so much seafood over the past week, its such an overload, but Im soooo not against it! Give me my mussels,oysters, prawns, squid, fish and crabs! GIMMME! I just learnt how to eat crabs (shaddap), courtesy of Kriselda, who taught me how to open the legs and get at the yummy meat! I used to like crabs the least of all seafoods, but douse it in kicap or mayo (shaddap again!) or lime or butter and it is just heeaavenly. Almost beats my fave butter prawns and or/ fried groupa in egg white sauce.Almost but not quite...

...ahem. I'm making myself hungry.

In any case,my body clock is seriously effed up, in every which way possible. Years of surviving on no sleep, or very little sleep (which, I suppose could be the reason for my bad skin too, now that I think about it :P), have seriously affected my sleeping patterns. I used to be that girl who could sleep at 6 am, get up at 8 am, get to uni, do everything, get home at 11 pm, stay up longer, nap at 3 am, wake up at 7 am, back to uni, and so on and so forth, then collapsing every two weeks or so and sleeping off my sleep debt by hibernating for a day, no kidding, and then REPEAT CYCLE.

Im not kidding you. This sleeping pattern enabled me to fit in a very full social and academic life, and was probably the reason I survived my daunting course PLUS have time for lots of extracurricular activities such as student advisoring, student council, volunteer work and so on and so forth, plus outings with friends, plus me time all in the span of oh, 48 awake hours, sometimes with an hour or so nap in between. Lol, MAN, I hated sleep back then. Now, you know.

I always equated sleep with being something only bored people did. And now,I hate that I need it!

While my 19 year old self thrived on it, my 21 year old body can't handle it anymore. I get tired more easily, and I HATE TO ADMIT IT, but I need sleep more too, and at proper hours.But years of staying up and not sleeping is hard, and my body clock has primed my body to be at its most active at oh, about the 20th hour awake.Seriously. I used to survive 48 hours awake. Not healthy. Not at all.

And now I'm paying for it. I get so drowsy when I sleep for 8 hours, but alert after 4-5 hours of sleep. Weird, but true.

I'll beat this yet.I have to! I must get my body clock retimed!

..I cant believe I dedicated an almost entire post to my sleeping pattern. It really must be on my freakin mind. :/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.